Old 15-06-2007, 12:09 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default Ah.. MORE filter woes!

Got the first rain we've had here in months, and the weight of the water
combined I['m guessing with rain "lubrication" popped off the lid off the
filter. it needs to be drained in order to be put back on.

Quick fixes, were to add some plastic compression clamps on the back two lid
hinges, and drill a hole through the lid and lip, and make some quickie
"hinges" out of 50 lb fishing line.

The front has a lock location, so I just grabbed a heavy rose twist tie, and
tied that up for now.

Unless someone here has a better idea, I'll add 3-5 more holes through the
lid n lip, and add some additional fishing line hinges.. or I might pick up
some larger tie wraps, and use those instead since they'll probably last
longer.

Oh, btw after a week running, I can confirm the filter is working.. the
inside filter material is solid muck, and needs to be hosed off already.

Least I know it's working.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)