Old 15-06-2007, 12:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George.com George.com is offline

Default Ugh, bugs

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
We've had four tomatoes from the garden so far. Very exciting as we
usually don't get any until July! The herbs are growing very well. The
problem is the lettuce.

I had 2 nice juicy ripe tomatos for tea tonight. Nothing much to get excited
about you may say except that I live in New Zealand and we are in the throes
of winter here. Going to get down to zero tonight so will have a frost. The
3 tomato plants in my (unheated) polytunnel are still producing fruit,
though they have had whats looks like late blight hit them recently. I keep
wondering when they will give up yet they are still trucking on.

rob