Old 15-06-2007, 02:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Grandpa Grandpa is offline

Default What the heck is this monster?

FragileWarrior wrote:
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" wrote in
:

FragileWarrior dropped this turd
: in rec.gardens

Grandpa wrote in news:T_jci.7901$1o.5514@trnddc01:

FragileWarrior wrote:
A friend posted this on another newsgroup. He saw it yesterday
while on a bike ride. This is scary.

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=504637
Its a century plant, or Maguey.
Thanks, I'll pass the info along. (And, no, it's not a doctored
photo.

I saw it in the other group. Awesome thing isn't it?

Michael

It's really cool. I want one. But I want one that eats little kids.

Then get two or three, and space them about 10 feet apart. They are
a southwest desert plant (notice the Arizona license plate?). If you
get them from the same mother plant, they usually bloom the same
year. That makes an impressive display.
--
Grandpa