Old 30-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Gene Schurg

Default greenhouse frogs

Dave,

The coqui's are driving the Hawaiians crazy. They make noise .... very loud
noise! In Puerto Rico they embrace the coqui and print their image on
everything available. They are cute frogs to tourists but if I had one
outside my bedroom window at night I'd probably hate them too.

I guess the big concern is that the Hawaiian Islands are a closed ecosystem
and a frog such as this will tip the balance.

Gene

"Dave Lockwood" wrote in message
.net...
While in Hawaii I heard much about the evils of the Caribbean Tree Frog

that
is running amok there. I guess they are very noisy. They have no tadpole
stage and the babies sure are cute (about 3/16" long). There was also

talk
of "Greenhouse Frogs". They are even smaller. Does anyone have any info

on
them?

Dave