Old 15-06-2007, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
John Bachman John Bachman is offline

Default Electric Sprayers

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:37:57 -0400, "Paul E. Lehmann"
wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with electric
sprayers used to spray fungicides and pesticides.
I have a 100 vine backyard vineyard. I am
currently using a SOLO 4 gallon manual backpack
sprayer. I find it leaves a heavy residue of
product on leaves and fruits. I am looking for
something that will produce more of a mist and be
more efficient. Currently it takes about two
backpacks or approximately 8 gallons to cover the
vineyard.

I use a John Deere 25 gallon sprayer that I pull behind my riding lawn
mower. It is OK, but if I bought another I would look for one with
either a submersible pump or some kind of priming mechanism. Priming
the top mounted diaphragm pump on my sprayer is frustrating at times.

However, it does produce enough pressure to get a fine mist and can
reach about 20 feet high.

John