Old 15-06-2007, 07:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Charles[_1_] Charles[_1_] is offline

Default What the heck is this monster?

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:27:04 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" wrote in
:

FragileWarrior dropped this turd
: in rec.gardens

Grandpa wrote in news:T_jci.7901$1o.5514@trnddc01:

FragileWarrior wrote:
A friend posted this on another newsgroup. He saw it yesterday
while on a bike ride. This is scary.

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=504637

Its a century plant, or Maguey.

Thanks, I'll pass the info along. (And, no, it's not a doctored
photo.

I saw it in the other group. Awesome thing isn't it?

Michael

It's really cool. I want one. But I want one that eats little kids.

We had some in Hawaii that would. Very sharp points, and recurved
spikes along the edges of the leaves. Not something to get tangled up
in.