Old 15-06-2007, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
jb jb is offline

Default First Early Potatoes

I have been vegetable gardening for a few years, but this year my experience
with my first earlies (foremost) is most peculiar.
Each top has now finsihed flowering and I lifted the first couple of tops
about a fortnight ago, there was only 3 tubers per top, one of which was
huge (2lb) and two 'normal' size new potato.At first I thought it was just
odd, but now having lifeted a total of 8 tops, with exactly the same
pattern, I am mystified.

Have I done something wrong? Is it the odd spring we just had? or is it
something else, any help appreciated
many thanks
John