Old 15-06-2007, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Compo[_2_] Compo[_2_] is offline

Default Garlic flowers

On 14 Jun, 16:51, "pebblesrockred" u35071@uwe wrote:
Compo wrote:
Hi,

My garlic plants are beginning to flower. I seem to recall reading
somewhere that this does not matter. Do I need to remove the flowers
or do I leave them on the plants?

Cheers,
Compo.

Hi Comp

\snip\ What kind of garlic do you plant?

Love to hear from you.
pebblesrockred

Thanks for all the replies. I have used my own stock plants for many
years now. I plant some outside and some in a tunnel. I cannot
remember the original source of my plants but some are white and some
red. It is the plants in the tunnel that are showing signs of
flowering. This year I planted all my garlic, including those in the
tunnel in Autumn, whereas I usually plant the tunnel ones in Spring.

Cheers,
Compo in Caithness.