Old 15-06-2007, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default sweet peas matucana not flowering

jay jay writes
Hello

I have a couple of Sweet Pea Matucana plants that were sewn in Spring.
(the two the slugs didn't get) I pinched out the top two leaves when
they were very young, to encourage them to branch and flower. They
are now about 2 feet tall, looking very healthy and happy, but no sign
of any flowers. Is there anything I can do to help them along, and if
they do fail to flower, is there any chance I can keep them for next
year? I'm so looking forward to the first flowers! I hope someone
can help

I think I'd just wait. Mine are in flower, but I sowed mine in the
autumn. 2 ft isn't very tall, start looking for flowers when you have
another 5-12 inches
--
Kay