Old 15-06-2007, 10:28 PM posted to austin.gardening
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default Environment

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:12:10 -0500, Omelet
wrote:

Hm.
I have little enough open sun as it is.
Those would have to be relegated to the front of the driveway, or maybe
the southeast corner of the house.

Will they do well in partial sun?

They will be more sparse, but yes they do flower in some shade. One
which came up from seed is now 8 feet tall and it is flowering under
the Paulownia. It's in the ground, not a container. I've seen people
flank their driveway with these and they just keep them pruned neatly.
They do need shaping every year and tend to have a lot of waterspout
growth. You do know what that is, right? If not, I can explain it.