Old 15-06-2007, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bazza Bazza is offline

Default Cats in garden

Nitro® wrote:
Bazza wrote:
Hi all,
I encourage wildlife into my garden which is visited and nested by
Birds, squirrels, Fox's,badgers,frogs,toads, newts and the occasional
sloworm and grassnake, I also have an aviary with Cockatiels.

All nice and cosy apart from 2 large black cats, these have collars
and look well fed so I assume they are from some where down the
street. They crap in the garden, have caught collared doves and the
other birds and eat the food I put out for the Badgers and Fox's not
to mention trying to terrorise my cockatiels.
I have been looking for ways to discourage them without harming the
rest of the wildlife.
I don't want a dog or a cat, don't spend enough time at home to do
them justice.
I have looked at sensor watering systems etc.. but have come across
this one:

http://tinyurl.com/2evhnr.

Anybody any experience of this or similar?

I am a pretty good shot and lots of patience so quite fancy it

Bazza

A BB gun with plastic pellets, shoot em up the arse a few times.

I do have a Musket and shot but don't want to jepordise my licence,
Want to take a softly softly approach first