Old 15-06-2007, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Beryl Harwood Beryl Harwood is offline

Default Cats in garden

The message
from "David \(Normandy\)" contains these words:

All nice and cosy apart from 2 large black cats, these have collars and
look well fed so I assume they are from some where down the street.
Bazza

There have been quite a few threads on this recently. The best one I read
involved getting a trap (cat clamp). It doesn't harm the cats but they
don't
like being caged up for an hour or three. Apparently you can
optionally take
the caged cats along to somewhere (forgot where but I'm sure someone else
will fill in the missing details) and they will release the cat for a
release fee! A bit like car clamping but for cats! It certainly makes
owners
take more responsibility for their animals!

But you don't 'own' a cat - it owns you!! I have never been able to
control where a cat 'performs' nor to stop them catching birds
Occasionally I find a pile of stray feathers in my garden so I guess one
of the local feline population [thankfully small] has had an extra meal
courtesy of my bird table.

Beryl