Old 15-06-2007, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Its still raining

Mary Fisher writes

"K" wrote in message

A large part of my garden is under 6 inches of water atm.

It's only surface run-off. It'll seep away slowly.
We probably are higher than you, but we're in a local hollow in clay.

oh - I'd have thought you were higher than us ... obviously I'm wrong.

What is really fun is the park opposite - the water is having trouble with
the clay, and is forming big bubbles under the turf (about 4ft across and
6 inches high) which you can bounce on like a water bed :-)

We also have quarter of a mile of river that wasn't there two days ago.

That's not funny :-(

It's not threatening any houses, the road drains seems to be taking it,
and it's only about 12 inches deep at the deepest point. But quite
impressive!

I gather the A65 has been closed between Skipton and Settle - apparently
a landslip, not sure exactly where.
--
Kay