Old 15-06-2007, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Its still raining

Beryl Harwood writes
The message
from K contains these words:

A large part of my garden is under 6 inches of water atm.

What is really fun is the park opposite - the water is having trouble
with the clay, and is forming big bubbles under the turf (about 4ft
across and 6 inches high) which you can bounce on like a water bed :-)

We also have quarter of a mile of river that wasn't there two days ago.

Ouch, I hope it stays outside your house!!

Thanks :-)
No, nothing to worry about - the river is at a lower level than us on
the other side of the road, and in fact is already drying up.
Although the garden is in a clay hollow, the house is at the highest
part and we are pretty immune from flooding. Cellar isn't even damp.
--
Kay