Old 15-06-2007, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea@googlemail.com is offline

Default Its still raining

On Jun 15, 10:26 pm, K wrote:

Yes, it was under 6 inches of water this morning. Soaking away steadily
now - it's mainly in the temporary 'pool' we dug to take draining from
the beds.
--

Do you get a lot of run-off from the Church onto your driveway?

Here in Norwich we had a lot of rain last night, it lulled me to sleep
battering against the windows. Today, a lot of the shingle on our
driveway, slightly uphill, is on the road. The lupins are prostrate,
the raspberries which are ready to eat, are all hanging forwards and
some of my pots which are planted up with summer bedding plants have
been flattened, I hope they will recover.

However, one bright side to it all is that, young shrubs that I moved
a month ago, have got another thorough soaking and my rhodos look as
if they are really enjoying the deluge.

It's very dark here now and I can smell rain, so it's time to open the
bedroom window half an inch so that I can listen to it.

Judith