Old 15-06-2007, 10:18 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Joan[_2_] Joan[_2_] is offline

Default Another Filter Question

I'm getting to the point where I think I'm going to need to put in a
good external filter, maybe with UV.

[snipped for bandwidth]

Joan, you may be fine, clue us in on how big the pond is, the flow rate,
the inhabitants, etc. Water parameters, if you have test kits. Patience may
be all you need. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

The pond is about 1800 gallons, only around 8 goldfish. Water
parameters are all good. Just have tons of suspended solids: mud and
now a major algae bloom, despite barley straw and elodea. Can't see
the fish unless they are right up close to the top.

Joan