Old 16-06-2007, 03:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
pebblesrockred via HomeKB.com pebblesrockred via HomeKB.com is offline

Default Garlic flowers

Compo what is planting in a tunnel? Where are you located? We plant
elephant garlic which is a cross b/w a garlic and an onion. Very mild
garlic and very large. Makes only about 4 or 5 toes. We have grown Italian
garlic which has many toes and is very strong. It is a little purplish mixed
in with the white.

Compo wrote:
Hi,

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

Hi Comp

\snip\ What kind of garlic do you plant?

Love to hear from you.
pebblesrockred

Thanks for all the replies. I have used my own stock plants for many
years now. I plant some outside and some in a tunnel. I cannot
remember the original source of my plants but some are white and some
red. It is the plants in the tunnel that are showing signs of
flowering. This year I planted all my garlic, including those in the
tunnel in Autumn, whereas I usually plant the tunnel ones in Spring.

Cheers,
Compo in Caithness.