Old 16-06-2007, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Its still raining

"Beryl Harwood" wrote in message

The only good thing is that my water but is full again as I have had to
resort to the hose for a few weeks to prevent everything shrivelling to
death.

The front suffers most as being second one in on a terrace I can't get
the hose round to it and am unable to carry buckets of water.

Beryl

I can't recommend butts too strongly, get another, and another ...

I never carry water more than three or four yards. We fitted a soaker hose
to one butt and ran it round the greenhouse borders, it works a treat!
There's also a timer device which sill fit to the hose so it can be
regulated when we're away.

Magic!

Mary