Old 16-06-2007, 03:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Murriel Murriel is offline

Default Grass Hears; Conflicting Sharpening Advice

All Internet sites advise us not to use a sawing motion with the hand
file. However, if you view the bevel as a hill, some sites say that
you should drawfile diagonally up bevel (uphill) and other sites
advise to draw your file down bevel (downhill). Very confusing. The
sites advise that 10 strokes are all that are needed. I've used 100s
of strokes and have the shiniest bevel in town but the edge is as dull
as when I started. Please impart some words of wisdom -- Thank You, M