Old 16-06-2007, 03:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wane Smooth Wane Smooth is offline

Default Tomato Cuttings Propogation

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 06:45:26 -0500, Homer wrote:

I have had horrible luck with my tomato root stimulator cuttings.

I get less than half of them to survive. I make a 4 inch cutting
from the live plants I want to propogate(Ugly Tomato) and dip the
wetted cut end in the rootone powder and shove it into a 4 inch pot
with potting soil in it. I keep it moist for 2 weeks and look for
growth, but usually there is no growth and no roots when I pull it out
and throw it in the trash.

Any suggestions.

Hi Homer,putting the cuttings around the edge of the pot works best for me.
--
Regards From
Wane Smooth

Help feed the Hungry,goto