Old 16-06-2007, 02:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Best concrete for setting locast posts ?

On Jun 15, 8:50 pm, Eggs Zachtly wrote:
[flup set to a.h.l.g.]

James said:

Nope, sorry. Gonna use concrete. My question relates to the best
concrete, and the method to plant them.

Just curious, but when the wood rots away, how will you replace it? And,
you've been told (more than once) that the depth you've chosen isn't deep
enough, yet you insist on not heeding advice. You seem to have the answers,
so which one would you prefer to be told about the concrete?

--

Eggs

.sig not found. (A)bort, (R)etry, (F)ail?

Since he isn't willing to accept _any_ advice, I wonder why he asked
in the first place.

FWIW the only time I used 'crete is for steel posts (chain link) or
when setting posts in wet gruound (you can't tamp wet dirt). Last
fence I built was 1980 or thereabouts, still rock solid except for a
few of the RR ties that have rotted out.

Harry K