Old 30-03-2003, 04:56 PM
spampot

Default Help identifying.......

Purchgdss wrote:
Looking to identify two trees that I have absolutely fallen in love with.......

One is commonly called a "tulip tree". It's blooming now in Charlotte, nc
(zone 7) and has pink blooms but not leafing out yet.

The other is apparently an indigenous tree. Has a spindly growth habit that
blooms beautiful small purple flowers along it's long branches. Also has not
leafed out yet. It grows EVERYWHERE down here, but I haven't found one small
enough and unclaimed to dig up.

Sounds exactly like a redbud (cercis canadensis).

Besides, my son has pointed out that digging up a tree (even unclaimed) is just
a step above stealing and so that is not an option since I must practice what I
preach.

HELP!

Just my 2 cents.........
Christine