Old 16-06-2007, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pinetree Pinetree is offline

Default Mosquitoes?

I don't think anyone would keep goldfish down a well; not a lot of sunshine
down there g What's that rhyme: "Who put him in, little Tommy Tin?" Isn't
that about a well?
Someone just suggested goldfish, which I have in the ponds; but I was
explaining humorously why not goldfish, and that oil was the better plan for
the well. Not much else down there to harm; not even beneficial frogs. The
Kingfisher was a joke ;o)

"K" wrote in message
Pinetree writes
pps. Should mention that the "oil" is for an old well - so no harm to

the
Kingfisher, who wouldn't be able to get down that far ;o).

So he wouldn't be able to get the goldfish either?

"Pinetree" wrote in message
Thanks all, I'll try the oil. Goldfish aren't an option, as I have a

wily
Kingfisher and I'm fed up with feeding him. )

Kay