Old 16-06-2007, 05:06 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default Ah.. MORE filter woes.. and cleaning out filter questions....

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
ups.com...
Gary,

Congratulations on the working filter! Just think what is NOT in your
pond any more!

Yep.. today it was even clearer then yesterday.

Folks with screening as the filter medium have to pull it out and wash
it. Easier than blue mats.

Screening? uing actual screens for filtering instead of the blue mats?

Does your barrel drain at the bottom? You might end up with screen to
filter and drain to empty.

Not on the very bottom.. on the side near the bottom. There's about 1 inch
left after it drains,. but I can just turn the pump on, and fresh pond water
will circulate inside to help flush that last little bit out.

BTW I DID manage to snag two new milk crates for supporting the filters...
they won't fit if placed upside down normally, but if you rotate them
slightly, they fi perfectly, without putting pressure on the improvised
bulkheads.. I'm sure when the water pressure inscreases, the sides bow out
some,and the clearance on them is fine.

Keep us posted on the cleaning rate.

Will do.. the rubber bungies look great on the filter, and seem to be
holding the lid down nice n snug, without putting too much stress on the
lips.

This will be the first Saturday in ages where I could just feed the fish,
and enjoy the pond.. course now that I can see down, I want to brush of the
rocks n such that got covered in dark green muck.. I know the filters can
suck that out now.