Old 17-06-2007, 01:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jack Schmidling[_1_] Jack Schmidling[_1_] is offline

Default ClearSpan Hobby Greenhouse

We just purchased a Clear Span Hobby Greenhouse and wonder if anyone
else has had any experience with these.

We are still putting it together after 3 days of fighting crappy
hardware, lousy instructions and generally poor design.

We don't scare easily but I sure pity anyone with any less fortitude and
tool knowhow.

It will be a nice greenhouse when we are done but I would be hard
pressed to recommend it to anyone.

We purchased a $25 one from Farm & Fleet just to test the practicality
of a small green house and fell in love with the idea. We already have
tomatoes ripening and all the plants we put in were 2-5 times the size
of our usual indoor starts.

We went back and bought a second one for "spare parts" because it was so
cheap but now decided to get a real green house.

The new one uses double walled polycarbonate which should insulate a lot
better and wonder if anyone has any idea of the possibility of keeping
this warm enough in winter with a one KW heater.

js