Old 16-06-2007, 09:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default bee question

"Billy Rose" wrote in message

Hi Rachael, electromagnetic fields might have something to do with it,
as might poisons in the fly bait but it doesn't explain (to me anyway)
why the bees left in the hive have multiple infections. It's like the
bees have AIDS. Even predators of bees won't attack the unguarded hive.

I've tried to be more proactive this year by planting sweet alyssum to
attract bees. Some people sat though that the bees will come if there
are flowers for them so it may be a waste of time but they are kind of
pretty, so what the heck.

Besides the odor, I've heard that these livestock concentration camps
can foul the ground water with their effluent. Don't want to make you
paranoid but you may want to look into it.

To you and yours,
- Billy

Oh trust me, I already know about the water! Some days our water smells soo
bad. I use bottled water for the baby's milk formula and don't use the
house water for drinking straight from the tap. All water gets boiled
before I make tea or anything like that. Thankfully, we don't have to deal
with the air odors much - just when the loaded trucks go by the house during
the moving times and then the odor only lasts a few minutes. But the flies
from the houses are another story. Everytime the door is opened, 50 or so
more come in the house, or the truck, or the van..........oh well - you get
the picture................it's sure not pretty with all the flies.

Back to you!
Rae aka Rachael