Old 16-06-2007, 10:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
HomerS HomerS is offline

Default Tomato Cuttings Propogation

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:08:51 -0500, "Garbodanno"
wrote:

"Homer" wrote in message
.. .

I have had horrible luck with my tomato root stimulator cuttings.

I get less than half of them to survive. I make a 4 inch cutting
from the live plants I want to propogate(Ugly Tomato) and dip the
wetted cut end in the rootone powder and shove it into a 4 inch pot
with potting soil in it. I keep it moist for 2 weeks and look for
growth, but usually there is no growth and no roots when I pull it out
and throw it in the trash.

Any suggestions.

Make sure you keep them moist and use STERILIZED soil or a clean sand and
vermiculite or peat moss mix. Regular soil is full of bacteria and fungi.
They'd probably be more inclined to rot than root.

You guys are great. Lots of new ideas.