Old 17-06-2007, 12:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer[_4_] cloud dreamer[_4_] is offline

Default bee question

HomerS wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 10:53:53 -0400, "Rachael Simpson"
wrote:

Where I live, we are surrounded by turkey and hog houses: literally - the
closest "people" house is 1 mile away. The bees have all disappeared around
here too. Now the powers that be at the turkey & hog houses have to put out
fly bait for the flys. The last couple of years the flys have increased
while the bees (of all varieties) have decreased. Could it be that the flys
have become immune to the bait while the bees have become susceptible to it?
Or might it all be stemming from where the county sprays for the 'skeeters'?

just my musings.........any opinions?

Rae

The jury is still out, but the best bet is that all the cell phone
towers are messing with the bees navigation and they just don't make
it back home with food.

The cell phone idea was based on faulty evidence and has been thrown out
as a cause to the problem.

..

--

We must change the way we live,