Old 16-06-2007, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default what is this flower?

"Hi,

After some flower identification help - the followering two (large)
pictures were taken in Somerset this week. Anyone
know what they a-

http://www.writerslife.net/flower1.jpg
http://www.writerslife.net/flower2.jpg

Probably something very common but it looked lovely and smelt nice
too.

Thanks

Mark

Oenothera (Evening Primrose); I don't recognise the species, but it's not
unlike the Oenothera hookeriana I photographed back in 2004.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

As Stewart has just said Evening primrose. One of my favourites but mine are
not that far on as yet. A good occupation on a mild evening is watching them
slowly open up.

kate