Old 17-06-2007, 05:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dave Dave is offline

Default bee question

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in message
Where I live, we are surrounded by turkey and hog houses: literally - the
closest "people" house is 1 mile away. The bees have all disappeared
around here too. Now the powers that be at the turkey & hog houses have
to put out fly bait for the flys. The last couple of years the flys have
increased while the bees (of all varieties) have decreased. Could it be
that the flys have become immune to the bait while the bees have become
susceptible to it? Or might it all be stemming from where the county
sprays for the 'skeeters'?

just my musings.........any opinions?

Rae

Straight up, I don't know. Based on everything I've seen in the past 4
decades, I would venture a man-made problem that originates for something
for his convenience. Something overlooked or ignored during testing of
same.
Dave