Old 17-06-2007, 05:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default What kind of tree? ? ?

Ray wrote:
Recently I pulled up (legally) a seedling tree in the back yard of William
Faulkner's home in Oxford Mississippi.

I coaxed it to grow in a pot and now have some questions. Please look at the
photo at the following site, and give me guidance.

Thanks to all for any help

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4xpgq/tree.htm

Dunno. When I saw the picture the first thing I thought was "Virginia
creeper" (I have a lot of it) but that certainly isn't a type of tree.
The leaves' edges don't took right for buckeye or horse chestnut, at
least not any sort I'm familiar with, although the arrangement of
leaflets in a pinwheel looks right.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]