Old 17-06-2007, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Cranberry Plant advice

"Donna (UK)" wrote
My Mum and I brought a cranberry plant as we fancied trying to make fresh
cranberry sauce but upon looking online I cannot really find any
information on the plant. Does anyone know what books may have information
on or if there is such a website that may have advice and information, or
do anyone using this board know any hints or tips etc.

I have tried looking online but it says on the search it picks pages up
but when you go to them it doesnt really say anything at all...

Any help appreciated...

We planted ours last year, our allotment has acid soil and is normally damp
so they have now started to run and spread around the stems of our
blueberries. For a site with damp acid soil in sun they would make excellent
ground cover. Ours do have some fruit set too.
One problem we found last year was that if the soil starts to dry you need
to be able to water with rain water or at least soft water, so if you live
in a hard water area you may have a problem watering if the summer is dry.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden