Old 17-06-2007, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Beryl Harwood Beryl Harwood is offline

Default Its still raining

The message t
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

"Beryl Harwood" wrote in message

The only good thing is that my water but is full again as I have had to
resort to the hose for a few weeks to prevent everything shrivelling to
death.

The front suffers most as being second one in on a terrace I can't get
the hose round to it and am unable to carry buckets of water.

Beryl

I can't recommend butts too strongly, get another, and another ...

I never carry water more than three or four yards. We fitted a soaker hose
to one butt and ran it round the greenhouse borders, it works a treat!
There's also a timer device which sill fit to the hose so it can be
regulated when we're away.

All very clever. My son has promised me a second one that he says he
can fit with a syphon devise to keep them at the same water level. Mine
is not set very high so the pressure will not take the water far enough
round - plus the paths and door/gate access prevent it running where I
really want it - pain Still the garden is quite small so I don't
have to carry buckets too far in the back.

Beryl