Old 17-06-2007, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Beryl Harwood Beryl Harwood is offline

Default Its still raining

The message . com
from " contains
these words:

On Jun 15, 10:26 pm, K wrote:

Yes, it was under 6 inches of water this morning. Soaking away steadily
now - it's mainly in the temporary 'pool' we dug to take draining from
the beds.
--

Do you get a lot of run-off from the Church onto your driveway?

Here in Norwich we had a lot of rain last night, it lulled me to sleep
battering against the windows. Today, a lot of the shingle on our

We escaped the first downpour in Winsford, but it cought up with us
later - as I found when making my way to bed, when I discovered water
dripping from the bedroom ceiling light fitting!! Some time had to be
then spent in the loft, pulling back insulation and location the source
so I could put buckets under it and towells to soak up the pool waiting
to make it's decent to the floor below Needless to say I didn't get
much sleep listening to the drip drip, until the rain eased so I felt
the leak would dry up.
Thankfully I was able to get someone to come and sort it out on Sat
morning. He did say there was about 2" of water lying on that part of
the roof [it is part pitch with a flat area back and front - an odd
arrangement] - all waiting to decend throught to the house!!

Beryl