Old 17-06-2007, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Beryl Harwood Beryl Harwood is offline

Default Its still raining

The message .com
from " contains
these words:

On Jun 16, 12:26 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

We never use mains water for the garden and we don't go on holidays
- if we
did we wouldn't bother turning off the water main :-)

We're very relaxed* about such things.

Mary
*aka idle

I would never say that you are idle, I have a picture of you based on
your postings, do you ever sit down???

At the other house we have a well, I love it, I have a pump down it
and every evening, when we are there, I am outside watering like mad,
whilst my neighbour looks longingly at my free, soft water. However,
I do water all her plants and shrubs as the jet is so strong that it
reaches her garden easily. I also fill up the troughs for the cows in
the field opposite as the farmer assures me that water is good - it
has a slight colour though.

Judith, that sounds lovely. Is the other house far from home or can you
get there often?

Beryl