Old 17-06-2007, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Beryl Harwood Beryl Harwood is offline

Default Its still raining

The message .com
from " contains
these words:

On Jun 16, 5:52 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

My Great Aunt Rose who went mad had hand pumped water to her sink in her
Peterborough bungalow. As a ten year old I thought that was wonderful and
begged my mother for one in our house. I could never understand why she
didn't want to. Still can't ...

I can!!!!

So can I!
When I was a child I used to spend my summers at my mother's old home in
Ireland. At the time there was no electricity in the house, so oil lams
and candles were the order of the day - and whilst there was 'mains'
water the house also had it's own well - one of the jobs was to pump
water each morning to the holding tank on the side of the house. It
took a minimum of 100 pumps, whatever the weather - jolly hard work.

Beryl