Old 17-06-2007, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Its still raining

" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 17, 9:31 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

We haven't a well in the garden
nor a pump but if mains water failed we have a large store in the butts
which we'd be prepared to use. We did the other day when emergency work
left
the taps dry for a short time (we didn't know how long it would be).

Of course you would need to put your butt water into the elecric
kettle to boil it in case any larvae are in it,

?

What kind of larvae?

so if electricity
destroyed, what then, gas destroyed, what then? I know, I can
remember my mother cooking over a range, like a very old fashioned
Rayburn fuelled by wood.

We have plenty of wood with which to make a fire but I reckon that filtering
the water would make it usable.

Mary

Judith