Old 17-06-2007, 07:13 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Ah.. MORE filter woes.. and cleaning out filter questions....

For the winter shut down I turn off flow to the veggie filter, pry the
plants out, then use a wet dry vac to suck the muck out.
with the bucket filter I pull the bunched green mosquito screening,
the stiff filter material, the polyester blanket out.
I empty the contents of the bucket on plantings.
fill the bucket, plunge various filters in the bucket, empty onto
plantings. drape filters over one of those expanded metal mesh
outdoor chairs and turn the hose on them. I am not too fussy about
getting em that clean.
Ingrid

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 21:35:13 CST, "Gareee©"
wrote:
Out of curiosity, what procedure does everyone use to
clean out their filters?