Old 18-06-2007, 01:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ann Ann is offline

Default Grow pole beans without weeds?

richardg expounded:

About 6 weeks ago, I planted a lot of pole bean seeds around pole bean
towers. I don't use any herbicides. The area is a mess. There are way
more weeds than pole beans. The pole beans are numerous though.
1. Do I just let the weeds grow and pick the beans when they are
ready?
2. Is there an organic way of preventing the weeds from appearing
without just pulling them out by hand?
Thanks,
Richard

Well, the pole beans should outgrow the weeds soon enough, but I can't
imagine why you couldn't just pull the weeds and be done with them.
They're competing right now for water and nutrients with your
seedlings, get rid of them while they're young, too.
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked