Old 17-06-2007, 11:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
unknown[_1_] unknown[_1_] is offline

Default Imidacloprid and bees

In article YUGci.979$015.888@trndny05,
"Gene Schurg" wrote:

First of all, that was an interesting article. It makes sense that a
systemic insecticide would also be in the nectar and pollen.

Second, I would never think of the City Paper as a place to find real news.
That is where I used to go to read about the news of the wierd!

they've undergone a makeover recently; lots of very short fluff "cover
stories" to the occasional big serious news cover story. this was
actually the 2d one in the past 3 issues--i was stunned. they used to
have a lot of very good journalists on that rag. they're leaning more
towards entertainment and food now. (they may also be putting more of
the serious news pieces on the website--i haven't looked.)

i haven't finished the article yet but it's next in the pile.

--j_a