Old 30-03-2003, 06:08 PM
dennisb

Default Hot weather tomatoes & bell peppers ?

Gene,
Merced tomato is recommended by A&M as a good producer during the Texas
heat. I've have good success here for the last 4 years or so. I've not
seen them offered at the local HD, Lowe's etc. Calloway's and other local
garden centers do have them in stock in DFW.

dennis booker
Arlington, Texas
"Gene S" wrote in message
Good day, all.

Of the varieties of tomato & bell pepper plants at
Home Depot, Lowe's or WallyMart - which varieties will keep
producing in the "HEAT" of the summer? We had
a couple of tomatoes last year that produced "all"
summer - but I can't remember what they we-(

BTW - it froze our here last night, but the peach, etc. tree
blooms seem intact. Could they have actually survived, or will
the fall off shortly? Geesh - two years in a row...

THANKS,
Gene
Briggs, TX

--