Old 18-06-2007, 02:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
George[_6_] George[_6_] is offline

Default Question about irises

"Angela Lamb" wrote in message
In article , Gill Passman
writes
I've always grown mine in a bog garden - ie. water saturated soil. I'm
wondering if it is possible to grow them as a marginal - ie. the rhizome
is underwater.....I know it is a dumb question but I'm trying to
formulate ideas for this ever evolving pond project

Yes, that is where I grow mine and they are thriving.

Angela.

I have one iris that has the rhizome submerged at one end of the pond in
about 4 inches of water. It's bloomed every year for the past three years
and is doing fine.

George