Old 30-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Bob Alston

Default when do swords propagate?

I waited til all the plantlets were of decent size - # leaves and roots.
Then I broke off the entire bloom stalk, separated each of the 5-6 plantlets
and planted them.

My "mother" plant was huge when it produced the bloom. It filled up more
than 1/2 of my 55 gallon tank, with 3 watts per gallon light.

Bob

--
Bob Alston
918.494.4913

wrote in message
news
So you are saying that shoot to the surface and produce leaves. What
do you do then, break off the new bloom and replant them ?

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 04:33:35 GMT, "Bob Alston"
wrote:

You will first see the start of leaves. Eventually a bloom. My bloom

stalk
branched at the water and then branched again several times.

I guess technically the bloom comes first then the leaves. The plantlets
developed best where they were sitting at the surface of the water vs.

those
that were fully in the air.

Bob