Old 18-06-2007, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default Soot on gardens

Nitric acid was the best. Dilute sulphuric brought my nylons out in holes
:-(

Mary

As a reckless teenager in the 70's I used to have some fun with a mixture of
concentrated nitric and sulphuric acids. A drop or two of a certain cough
remedy and you've got the loudest 'bangers' on November the 5th ;-) Just
don't drop them!

My mother was not pleased when my home made 'banger' left a small crater in
the field at our farm :-(

On reflection at some of the crazy chemistry I used to do I'm luck to be
alive and not missing any body parts!

David.