Old 18-06-2007, 05:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank J Warner Frank J Warner is offline

Default Bare root pomegranate

I put a bare root pomegranate in the ground this past winter (mid
Feb.), along with raspberries and roses (in different locations). The
raspberries and roses are showing vigorous signs of growth; good cane
on the raspberries and enough roses to harvest for the dining table
centerpiece.

There is no sign of life from the pomegranate. That said, it doesn't
really seem dead, either. The branches are supple and green. They'll
bend when you bend them, not snap off as dry twigs might. But there are
no leaves, no buds, nothing. It looks the same as when I put it in the
ground.

I've heard that pomegranates take a few years to reach maturity but
this is ridiculous. I should think that there would be a few leaves by
now.

Anybody know what's going on here?

-Frank

--