Old 18-06-2007, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
pebblesrockred via HomeKB.com pebblesrockred via HomeKB.com is offline

Default Garlic flowers

Hey,

To make new seeds we usually dig all of the round heads and plant those. The
next year these round heads make a whole new bulb with 4 or 5 toes.

Compo wrote:
Well Tim,

We do bother breaking off the tops (that is before it actually blooms into a
flower). It really makes a bigger bulb.

I have now removed the tops from half of the plants. The other half I
shall allow to go to seed and see if I can raise my own strain of
Garlic bulb. This will also allow a trial of flower Vs no flower for
bulb size.

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers,
Compo.