Old 19-06-2007, 08:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
Lilah Morgan Lilah Morgan is offline

Default Elderberries and Deer

"Jan Flora" wrote in message

But in general, deer would rather eat your roses...

Jan

Deer do eat roses? So it WAS them who ate my only rose...well the plant is
still alive, but they ate most of the stem with the big huge bud on it...I
had it 'fenced' to protect it from the chickens/geese/bunnies, and it was
doing so good, then I noticed that it was gone, and I look, and the stem was
chewed down to only a couple inches left of it...I was so upset...it was
only a couple days away from blooming...couldn't think what could have eaten
it, it being all thorny and hard and such...