Old 19-06-2007, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default cat wee help needed

On Jun 19, 11:32 am, "Space" wrote:
"Des Higgins" wrote in message

oups.com...

We have a male cat coming into our house (we have a small neutered
female
cat so she tries to ignore it but is not big enough to fight it) and
it is
****ing on everything. Last night it got a sofa. Does anyone know
how to
neutralise the stink? I know this is a gardening group but there are
a few
sane people here who know about cats. If anyone knows how I can
discourage
the cat that would also help but I fear there is not much that can be
done
apart from catching it. We already chased it with waterpistols etc.

Des feeline angry in Dublin

to netutralise the smell wash the affected area in a solution of biological
washing powder to break down the enzymes. we had a cat who wasn't well who
proceeded to pee on the side of the sofa. apparently, after washing it down
with other products the smell remains and the cat will keep going back to
that area. I can't give advice on how to keep it out, we have had a cat
flap in place for 4 years and have never encountered a stray cat in the
house.

Thanks for the tip. This cat started invading the house a year ago.
It visits a couple of times per day and tries the cat flap each time
but only if we are out. It even knows the secret entrances that we
use as back up like the bathroom window. We caught it once and
drenched it with water pistols but it is one persistent animal.