Old 19-06-2007, 12:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Jane Doe Jane Doe is offline

Default Beans problem

Only the top. I've snipped the impacted area last night. I'll check on it
later on today.

-M

"someone" wrote in message

"Jane Doe" wrote in message
As I was taking photos of my garden earlier today I've noticed a bit of
dry wilting on two of the string bean plants. Thus far it does not
appear to impact the actual bean pods but I'm concerned and wonder if
it's something that I need to treat so that it doesn't spread to other
plants? I've circled the problem areas.

Advice will be greatly appreciated.

Is the whole plant affected, or only some of the higher-up branches? If
the whole plant is affected you may have an infestation of carrot fly or
cabbage root fly, they're tiny white worms that bore into the stem at
ground level and prevent the uptake of water.

s.