Old 19-06-2007, 03:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Grow pole beans without weeds?

In article om,
richardg wrote:

On Jun 19, 7:22 am, Pat in NJ wrote:
Ann wrote:
Well, the pole beans should outgrow the weeds soon enough, but I can't
imagine why you couldn't just pull the weeds and be done with them.
They're competing right now for water and nutrients with your
seedlings, get rid of them while they're young, too.

I am a no gardening guru but I have found that an old dinner fork is
great for getting weeds out, roots and all.

Pat in NJ (returning to lurker status)

Thanks for all your input. When I tried to pull the weeds I ended up
pulling out bean plants as well. I really wanted some way to prevent
them. I am going to look into an organic pre-emergent weed killer. I
was unaware that such a chemical existed.
Thanks again, Richard

Landscaping fabric works, so does heavy mulching.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.